Friday, February 29, 2008

Ouch!

I'm in the midst of writing an article about stress. As I type, I'm acutely aware of the muscle tightness and dull headache that have been plaguing me for days. I'm completely stressed out and my body is reacting poorly to the long hours, pathetic diet and lack of fresh air.

I know I should be taking the advice of the experts I've interviewed: go for a walk, soak in a hot bath, write in my journal, learn to say no...Right now, all I can do is keep plugging away, hoping to make a dent in the pile of work on my desk.

On the bright side: the book is coming along and I have a solid plan in place to ensure I meet my deadlines. I met with a web designer yesterday who is going to create a website to promote The Green Year (stay tuned for details) and I talked to a photographer about getting some professional head shots. (I think it's probably time to stop sending vacation snapshots every time an editor asks for a photo).

I'm working on a handful of other projects including Personal Pitch, the one-on-one writer/editor sessions that take place during the annual ASJA conference in April. It's a huge task to coordinate volunteers, contact editors, respond to e-mails and ensure that the 2,256 slots are filled on members' day.

In the midst of the deadlines, I still manage to have a little fun. I continue to train with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for Hike for Discovery. To date, I've received donations totaling $1,815. Help me reach my goal of raising $5,000 for LLS by donating.

One of these days I'm going to treat myself to a massage, change my furnace filters, download photos from my camera, start knitting a blanket for my neice-to-be and sign Molly and Milo up for classes to become certified therapy dogs. Right now, I need a nap...

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Jodi,
I think Molly and Milo will make fabulous therapy dogs.

Congrats on the book, too. I hope you have some time for some well-deserved R&R in the near future.

-Dawn