Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back Home, Back in Business

After two weeks in Toronto, I'm back in North Carolina and working frantically to get caught up. I'm working under very tight deadlines but wanted to post a quick update.

One of the first things I had to do when I got back to The Queen City was write the dedication and acknowledgements for The Green Year. The dedication was easy; I'd been thinking about it since the moment I signed the contract (I'm keeping it a secret though, so don't even think about asking). The acknowledgements were much harder.

A lot of people took the time to provide suggestions and support while I was writing The Green Year and countless others have been supporting my writing career from the beginning. I really struggled with what to write. In the end, I felt like I acknowledged a cast of characters who play a huge role in my life. I'm sure there will be people who feel slighted for being left out; others might be surprised to see their names in black and white. It's going to take six more months before I'll find out.

Stay tuned for more updates...

No comments: