Saturday, December 8, 2007

Going Home

2003-08-09, 4:48 p.m.
In less than 10 days I will be lounging in my parent's backyard feasting on Ketchup chips and Smarties - the Canadian junk food alone is worth the $800 J and I spent on plane fare.

I haven't been home in three years. (“Home" is the 'burbs of Toronto - more than 3,000 miles away from my home on the West Coast).

But before I can get comfortably seated with my seat in its upright position and my tray table stowed, I have a lot of work to do. I have been complaining that the summer has been slow for writing assignments, but now that I'm trying to take two weeks off, I'm feeling overwhelmed. Mostly, I’m concerned about spending two weeks without regular access to a computer – I’m hoping the tiny town where I grew up is home to at least one Internet cafĂ©. Without e-mail access, I may have to cut the trip short (kidding – almost).

No comments: