Saturday, December 8, 2007

I'm Back

February 12, 2004, 5:04 p.m.
I spend at least 8 hours of every day staring at my computer screen, pecking away at the keyboard and churning out articles, yet I cannot seem to get into the habit of updating my journal.

A lot has happened since my last update and since inquiring minds have been asking what I’ve been up to, I’ve decided to post a laundry list of the things I have been doing, thinking, and saying since my last entry.

Doing: Writing

The year started off slowly, but the past several weeks have been extremely busy. I have spent a vast amount of time sending out queries in an attempt to break into new markets and so far the results have been positive. I have a few new assignments on the horizon and I’m talking to a few editors who have expressed interest in my ideas.

Seeing: My name in print

My work was published in the premier issue of Yoga for Everybody, which is a fantastic new publication about, well, yoga.

Thinking: About Writing

I have established a list of several goals for 2004 and I have spent a lot of time thinking about how to achieve them.

I’ve also spent a bit of time obsessing over the book proposal I sent out. The anticipation of a response is overwhelming; I have actually stopped checking the mail during the day because I’m afraid I’ll find my SASE in the mailbox. Having said that, I do have a lot of confidence in the idea and the publisher I submitted the proposal to, but waiting for a response has occupied almost all of my waking hours for the past several weeks.

I’ve also been thinking about the moves I’m learning in my hip hop class, the gorgeous sunny weather that has descended on Portland, the trip to South America J and I are planning for this summer, and my family – who I am hoping to see very soon.

Saying: Nothing that is fit to print.

Having Fun: Because all work and no play makes Jodi a dull gal

J and I spent the weekend in Phoenix, AZ to celebrate his birthday. We saw the Phoenix Coyotes lose to the Dallas Stars while a snotty-nosed kid sat behind me and kicked my chair (along with cheap tape and fuzzy radio stations, chair kicking is one of my biggest pet peeves). We also spent a few hours touring the Cactus Botanical Gardens, which were absolutely beautiful (which I’m sure had something to do with the fact it was 70F outside).

Before I sign off, I want to send a shout-out to the Littster! Keep it real in the big W sista.’ I miss you!

No comments: