Saturday, December 8, 2007

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

September 14, 2005, 9:56 a.m.
It has been almost two months since my last entry and I am pleased to announce that I have kept true to my promise to enjoy the last bits of summer. In the midst of working on assignments and sending out queries, I have spent copious amounts of time at the local coffee shop with friends, explored every nook and cranny of my neighborhood and spent several nights a week training for a 5K charity race with J.
The transformation from workaholic to spending more time having fun is due in large part to my new best friend – a four-month-old dachshund named Molly. J and I adopted Molly from a rescue agency in July when she was just an itty bitty nine-week-old puppy. Training a puppy has been a lot harder than I imagined and there were times – many times – when I questioned whether adopting a dog was the right choice. Now that we are past the adjustment period, we are head-over-heels in love with our little one. I am also spending a lot more time going for walks, playing fetch at the park and just hanging out in the backyard – all good things for someone who was formerly a slave to her computer.
My summer has not been all about potty breaks and dog training; I have been working as well. I have written articles about the Initiative for a Competitive Inner City, Street of Dreams, Breast Cancer Myths, Common Health Mistakes, Eco-Friendly Christmas tree options, yoga for inmates and a host of other topics. I am also working on a few interesting projects for national magazines that I will provide more details on as things progress.
Next week I am making my yearly pilgrimage to Toronto to see my family. We are going to eat at my favorite restaurant, sit on the front porch and gossip about the neighbors and spend far too much time wandering the aisles of their favorite superstore. I am also planning to go shopping with my sister, meet friends for dinner and – because it would be totally uncharacteristic of me not to mix business with pleasure – I am hoping to meet with a few editors while I am in town.
More updates when I get back…I promise.

No comments: