Saturday, December 8, 2007

Still Waiting

October 10, 2003, 2:20 p.m.
Every time the phone rings, I hope that the person on the other end of the line is calling to offer me a job. I still haven’t heard anything from the managing editor of the newspaper that interviewed me last week and the waiting is killing me.

Fortunately, I don’t have much time to think about it. Since coming home from Las Vegas on Tuesday (where I actually won a bit of money), I’ve been working non-stop. I have five assignments due in the next week and a meeting next Friday to finalize the details for the class I’m teaching this winter, for which I still have to put together a proposal.

To add to all of the chaos, J has had several interviews so we’ve been trying to coordinate a schedule for sharing the car.

Somewhere in the midst of the busyness, I realized that it is the middle of October. That means that I have less than 6 weeks to make 50 Christmas cards, knit 5 scarves, put together 2 scrapbooks and find the perfect gifts for 5 children and countless other friends and relatives.

Maybe I should pull out the knitting needles and a ball of wool and stop obsessing over the job offer I’m hoping to get.

No comments: