Saturday, December 8, 2007

List Mania

April 14, 2006, 2:18 p.m.
It seems that I only make time to write when I have a million other things on my to-do list. It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update but since I have to save my energy to finish the articles that are due this afternoon, I’ve decided to post a series of lists.
Projects in the Works
Press releases for Intel
Health article for Arthritis Today
Travel article for Porthole Cruise magazine
Profile for Fresh Cup magazine
Health briefs for Better Nutrition
Business profiles for Business Journal of Portland
Home and remodeling articles for the Portland Tribune
Exciting News to Report
I was accepted to the American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA) and will be going to New York at the end of the month to attend the conference. I’ll be the one wearing the “New Member” ribbon under my nametag.
I also received word that I will be one of 60 writers attending the One-on-One conference in Chicago this summer. It’s an amazing event that lets writers meet one-on-one with editors of several major magazines to pitch editors.
News that has Nothing to do with Work
One of the best things about being a writer is setting my own schedule. I was really lucky to be able to skip out of work for a few days earlier this month when A and B, friends from home, unexpectedly called from Seattle.
A is my favorite boy in the whole world and it was great to see him again. We spent the day playing arcade games and teasing each other about our teenage antics and the night drinking fruity drinks and watching dueling pianos.

J and I are in the midst of planning our next trip. Normally we know exactly where we want to travel next but this time we had trouble settling on a single destination. We went to the library and took out a ton of books on destinations ranging from Vietnam and Cambodia to Argentina and Guatemala and ended up deciding on Japan. We have a vague idea of where we want to go so now all that we have to do is book our flights.
I just found out that one of my best friends in the whole world is moving from Toronto to Vancouver this summer. I’m guessing there is going to be a lot of border-hopping later this year!
I have set up a mini-sweatshop in our media room where I am frantically knitting blankets for all of my pregnant friends. I have told all of my hope-to-be-pregnant soon friends that there is now a five-month waiting list for handmade blankets. I can’t knit fast enough!

No comments: