Saturday, December 8, 2007

Workin' for a Living

2003-08-12, 1:51 p.m.
In the last two days I’ve snagged four assignments (it looks like my summer writing slump is over), done three interviews, written an article, started an essay and sent out a bunch of queries – it’s amazing how much I can actually accomplish when the pressure is on. Just last week I was complaining to S that I needed more work – I guess the God of Poor Writers was listening, because I’m going to be busy for a while.

I got to spend some time on the other end of the interview desk last week when a writer for the Oregonian interviewed me about training for the Portland Marathon. I was quoted as saying I eat, “anything and everything,” which is true, but I’m still embarrassed that it appeared in print. I should have known that anything I said was fair game for the article. Want to read it?

Aside from being busy at work, I’m learning to knit. I love the rhythm and the process, but the results are nowhere near perfect. I’m trying to be patient with my perfectionist self. Every time I drop a stitch or the rows come out completely uneven, I have to remind myself that nothing is perfect the first time. Hopefully I’ll get the hang of it in time to knit a special someone a scarf for Christmas. If you have any knitting tips that might help me to make a scarf that isn’t full of holes, let me know.

No comments: